Ben Hogan's Tips for Weekend Golfers: Simple Advice to Improve Your Game (Paperback)
Available for special order
Ben Hogan made hitting a golf ball look easy, and the results spoke for themselves. But Hogan’s “swing system” is complex; the variables and connections are never-ending. Here Ted Hunt presents a selection of simple but valuable tips, based on the legendary golfer’s secret to a competitive golf swing.
The book is intended for the recreational golfer, not the tournament player who has unlimited time to practice. It distills Hogan’s observations concerning the vital components of a golf swing—one at a time—and presents them as simply as possible. Each tip is illustrated with a series of photographs, which clearly show the proper grip, stance, backswing, and follow-through. The author addresses these important golfing concepts:
- What powers the takeaway?
- When and how do the wrists hinge?
- What is your first move down from the top of the backswing?
- What is the action of the back knee?
- When does the lead knee straighten?
- How do you connect the arms to the torso?
- How do you maximize power through proper timing in the contact zone?
- What are the two benefits of “hovering” the putter and the driver?
- How can fifteen minutes a day at your home significantly improve 55 percent of your game?
In Ben Hogan’s Tips for Weekend Golfers, Ted Hunt makes the intricate Hogan system accessible and presents it in a way that “the Hawk” himself might have if he were instructing a club member out on the course.
About the Author
Ted Hunt is a lifelong golfer with more than fifty years of experience on the course. He holds two degrees in kinesiology and a doctorate in history. He is the author of Ben Hogan’s Magical Device and Ben Hogan’s Short Game Simplified.