Beyond the Truth: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Seven (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #7) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel series.
- #1: Blind Goddess: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book One (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #1) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: Death of the Demon: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Three (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Lion's Mouth: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Four (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #4) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #5: Dead Joker: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Five (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: No Echo: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Six (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: 1222: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Eight (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #8) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #9: Odd Numbers: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Nine (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: In Dust and Ashes: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Ten (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #10) (Hardcover): $26.00
In the seventh installment of the Hanne Wilhelmsen series, the brilliant female detective must untangle the complex and bitter history of one of Oslo’s wealthiest families after a celebratory get together at their home ends in a multi-victim homicide.
Shortly before Christmas, four people are found shot dead at the home of the Stahlbergs, a wealthy family of shipping merchants notorious for their miserliness and infighting. Three of the victims are members of the family, and the fourth is an outsider, seemingly out of place. Cake had been set out in the living room and a bottle of champagne had been opened but not yet poured. Yes, family gatherings during the holidays can be difficult, but why did this one become a bloodbath?
As Hanne Wilhelmsen investigates the case alongside her longtime police partner, Billy T., motives for the murders emerge in abundance; each surviving member of the Stahlberg family had good reason to want the victims dead. As she searches for the killer, Hanne will once again risk everything to find out the truth. But this time, will she go too far?
About the Author
Anne Holt is Norway’s bestselling female crime writer. She was a journalist and news anchor and spent two years working for the Oslo Police Department before founding her own law firm and serving as Norway’s Minister for Justice in 1996 and 1997. Her first novel was published in 1993 and her books have been translated into over thirty languages and have sold more than 7 million copies. Her novel 1222 was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best Novel. She lives in Oslo with her family.
“When you think of Scandinavian noir, names like Stieg Larsson, Henning Mankell, and Camilla Lackberg probably come to mind, not Anne Holt. That may be about to change….Holt consistently delivers in her series. And Beyond the Truth, the seventh novel to star brilliantly but emotionally damaged Oslo detective Hanne Wilhelmsen, is her best yet…. This is a character who’s going to get in your head—and stay there.”
"Realistically flawed characters, nuanced relationships, and thematically resonant subplots complement the central mystery, while Hanne’s housekeeper – an irreverent former prostitute – adds unexpected humor and heart."
"This is a series that demands to be read—and the more quickly, the better."
"Perfect for fans of Scandinavian detectives and for those who appreciate Ann Cleeves’ Vera Stanhope and other strong but flawed female protagonists."
"If you aren't familiar with her Hanne Wilhelmsen novels, it's okay to dive in with this one—no. 7—but then do yourself a favor and binge-read the first six."