The Lion's Mouth: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Four (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #4) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel series.
- #1: Blind Goddess: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book One (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #1) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: Death of the Demon: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Three (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #5: Dead Joker: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Five (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #5) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #6: No Echo: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Six (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #6) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #7: Beyond the Truth: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Seven (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #7) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #8: 1222: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Eight (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #8) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #9: Odd Numbers: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Nine (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: In Dust and Ashes: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Ten (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #10) (Hardcover): $26.00
From the internationally bestselling author of 1222, called the “godmother of modern Norwegian crime” by Jo Nesbø, the next book in the Edgar Award–nominated mystery series: Hanne Wilhelmsen is on the case when someone murders the prime minister of Norway.
Less than six months after taking office, the Norwegian Prime Minister is found dead. She has been shot in the head. But was it a politically motivated assassination or personal revenge?
Hanne Wilhelmsen, Chief Inspector of the Norwegian Police, is on leave in California but when the death shakes the country to its core, she knows she can’t remain on the sidelines of such a crucial investigation. The hunt for the Prime Minister’s killer is complicated, intense, and grueling. When secrets begin to unravel from the Prime Minister’s past, Hanne and her partner, Billy T., must piece together the crime before a private tragedy becomes a public outcry, in what will become the most sensitive case of their career.
Filled with lies, deception, and the truth about government, The Lion’s Mouth questions who truly holds the power in Norway, and how far they will go to keep it.
About the Author
Anne Holt is Norway’s bestselling female crime writer. She was a journalist and news anchor and spent two years working for the Oslo Police Department before founding her own law firm and serving as Norway’s Minister for Justice in 1996 and 1997. Her first novel was published in 1993 and her books have been translated into over thirty languages and have sold more than 7 million copies. Her novel 1222 was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best Novel. She lives in Oslo with her family.
“The wonder and pleasure of The Lion's Mouth is in how Ms. Holt – Norway’s former minister of justice – weaves the strands of a political thriller, a police-procedural, a locked-room mystery and a domestic novel into a satisfying plot.”
"Holt uses her surprising plot to highlight the nature of power and the extent to which it can corrupt."
"A fine addition to a noteworthy series, spotlighting a politically sensitive case in the broader context of Norwegian society. A natural for Jo Nesbø readers."
"Within this English translation of Holt's 1997 novel lies a twisty tale of political intrigue...a clever mystery."
"Norway's former minister of justice knows her way around the halls of power, and her characters, including lesbian detective Hanne Wilhelmsen, are credible creatures."