1222: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Eight (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #8) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel series.
- #1: Blind Goddess: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book One (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #1) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: Death of the Demon: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Three (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Lion's Mouth: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Four (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #4) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #5: Dead Joker: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Five (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: No Echo: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Six (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: Beyond the Truth: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Seven (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: Odd Numbers: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Nine (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: In Dust and Ashes: Hanne Wilhelmsen Book Ten (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #10) (Paperback): $17.00
-- Get a Clue Book Club selection, April 2014, Redbery Books, Cable, Wisconsin— From Get a Clue! Book Club
Nominated for the Edgar Award for Best Novel, from Norway’s #1 bestselling female crime writer—a “beguiling” (The Washington Post) “good old-fashioned murder mystery” (The New York Times Book Review) set in an isolated hotel where guests stranded during a monumental snowstorm begin turning up dead.
A train on its way to the northern reaches of Norway derails during a massive blizzard, 1,222 meters above sea level. The passengers head for a nearby hotel, centuries old and practically empty. With plenty of food and shelter from the storm, the evacuees think they are safe, until one of them turns up dead.
With no sign of rescue and the storm raging, retired police inspector Hanne Wilhelmsen is asked to investigate. Paralyzed by a bullet lodged in her spine, Hanne has no desire to get involved. But when another body turns up, panic takes over. Complicating things is the presence of a mysterious guest, a passenger who traveled in a private rail car and now stays secluded on the top floor of the hotel. No one knows who the guest is, or why armed guards are needed. Hanne has her suspicions. Trapped in her wheelchair, trapped by the storm, and now trapped with a killer, Hanne knows she must act before the killer strikes again.
About the Author
Anne Holt is Norway’s bestselling female crime writer. She was a journalist and news anchor and spent two years working for the Oslo Police Department before founding her own law firm and serving as Norway’s Minister for Justice in 1996 and 1997. Her first novel was published in 1993 and her books have been translated into over thirty languages and have sold more than 7 million copies. Her novel 1222 was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best Novel. She lives in Oslo with her family.
“Hanne is a fantastic lead, dragged back into the case almost by pure instinct, but relishing the chance to get in the game…Holt makes it all work, and Hanne’s dark attitude makes for several surprisingly witty moments.”— The A.V. Club