Every Landlord's Guide to Managing Property: Best Practices, from Move-In to Move-Out (Paperback)
The ultimate property management guide for the do-it-yourself landlord
Written for the millions of landlords who own a single-family home, condo, or small (fewer than four units) rental property, Every Landlord's Guide to Managing Property covers everyday skills a hands-on landlord needs, including how to:
- retain good, long-term tenants
- handle nitty-gritty maintenance such as snow removal, toilet clogs, and painting
- avoid conflicts over late rent, unauthorized roommates, and move-out procedures
- limit costly tenant turnover and vacancies
- manage condos and deal with association restrictions
- track income and expenses and prepare for tax time
- hire and work with repairpersons, lawyers, and other contractors, and
- balance landlording with a day job or other pursuits.
The third edition is completely updated to cover the latest issues affecting small-scale landlords, including updates to tax laws, new tools (online and offline) for managing rentals, and advice on incorporating rental properties into a FIRE or side hustle strategy.