The Last Girl: A Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #3) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Maeve Kerrigan Novels series.
- #1: The Burning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #1) (Paperback): $19.99
- #2: The Reckoning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #2) (Paperback): $21.99
- #4: The Stranger You Know: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #4) (Paperback): $21.99
- #5: The Kill: A Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #5) (Hardcover): $36.99
- #6: After the Fire: A Maeve Kerrigan Thriller (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #6) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #7: Let the Dead Speak: A Maeve Kerrigan Mystery (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #7) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #8: Cruel Acts (Maeve Kerrigan, Book 8) (Paperback): $12.99
- #9: The Cutting Place (Maeve Kerrigan, Book 9) (Hardcover): $26.99
"Maeve Kerrigan [is] a fascinating and plausible character…What she has is persistence, integrity and emotional intelligence, and a very deft way of insinuating herself into a reader's affections."—The Irish Independent (UK)
Vast wealth offers London defense attorney Philip Kennford a lot of things: a gorgeous house with a pool in the backyard, connections in the top echelons of society, a wardrobe worthy of Milan runways. But his money doesn't provide a happy marriage, or good relationships with his twin daughters…and it does nothing to protect his family when someone brutally murders his wife and daughter in their own home.
When Detective Constable Maeve Kerrigan arrives at the scene, the two survivors—Philip and his second favorite daughter, Lydia—both claim to have seen nothing, but it's clear right away that this is an unhappy family accustomed to keeping secrets. Maeve soon finds herself entangled in a case with a thousand leads that all seem to point nowhere, and it doesn't help that her boss, whom she trusts more than almost anyone, is starting to make decisions that Maeve finds questionable at best.
In The Last Girl, Jane Casey once again demonstrates her ability to write vivid, three-dimensional characters and spin a gripping, unpredictable mystery.
About the Author
JANE CASEY is the author of the Maeve Kerrigan novels (Let the Dead Speak, After the Fire) and the Jess Tennant Mysteries (Hide and Seek, Bet Your Life). A graduate of Oxford she also has received a M. Phil from Trinity College, Dublin. Born and raised in Dublin, she lives in London where she works as an editor.
“[A] dramatic, expertly crafted thriller.” —Entertainment Weekly (Must List) on The Reckoning
“Casey has succeeded in writing another impossible-to-put-down thriller with surprising plot twists and well-developed, intriguing characters.” —Library Journal (starred) on The Reckoning
“Genuinely suspenseful and extremely well-written . . . The Reckoning will keep readers turning the pages long into the night and pushing the book on friends the next day.” —RT Book Reviews (4½ stars, Top Pick) on The Reckoning