After the Fire: A Maeve Kerrigan Thriller (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #6) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Maeve Kerrigan Novels series.
- #1: The Burning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #1) (Paperback): $19.99
- #2: The Reckoning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #2) (Paperback): $21.99
- #3: The Last Girl: A Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #3) (Paperback): $19.99
- #4: The Stranger You Know: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #4) (Paperback): $21.99
- #5: The Kill: A Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #5) (Hardcover): $36.99
- #7: Let the Dead Speak: A Maeve Kerrigan Mystery (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #7) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #8: Cruel Acts (Maeve Kerrigan, Book 8) (Paperback): $12.99
- #9: The Cutting Place (Maeve Kerrigan, Book 9) (Hardcover): $26.99
London police detective Maeve Kerrigan has spent plenty of time at Murchison House. One of the many cement high-rise towers comprising the Maudling Estate housing project, Murchison House is home to a motley mix of society. From domestic abuse victims and elderly widows with nowhere else to turn to its flourishing criminal elements, Maeve is familiar with many of its occupants by name or reputation.
But when a fire breaks out at Murchison House that consumes the top floors and leaves three dead, Maeve and her colleagues are startled to learn the identity of one of the victims. Geoff Armstrong was a wealthy, notoriously right-wing London politician—the last person they’d expect to find in a place like the Maudling Estate. And things get even murkier when evidence surfaces indicating Armstrong was murdered before the fire broke out. Was his death connected to the fire? To the other deaths at Murchison House? And what was he doing there in the first place? What Maeve begins to uncover will lead her on a terrifying journey through all levels of society, putting her very life in danger.
Jane Casey’s next riveting mystery featuring beloved detective Maeve Kerrigan will keep readers turning the pages from the opening scene to the stunning conclusion.
About the Author
JANE CASEY is the author of the Maeve Kerrigan novels (Let the Dead Speak, After the Fire) and the Jess Tennant Mysteries (Hide and Seek, Bet Your Life). A graduate of Oxford she also has received a M. Phil from Trinity College, Dublin. Born and raised in Dublin, she lives in London where she works as an editor.
"Well-drawn characters and engaging subplots compliment the intricate main investigation. Casey keeps the suspense high throughout." - Publishers Weekly
"Rococo plotting effectively tamed by Kerrigan's clear-eyed narration." - Kirkus Reviews
"Casey writes with a deft wit and immense skill... The Maeve Kerrigan books keep getting better and better." - The Irish Times