The Burning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Maeve Kerrigan Novels series.
- #2: The Reckoning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #2) (Paperback): $21.99
- #3: The Last Girl: A Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #3) (Paperback): $19.99
- #4: The Stranger You Know: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #4) (Paperback): $21.99
- #5: The Kill: A Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #5) (Hardcover): $36.99
- #6: After the Fire (Maeve Kerrigan #6) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #7: Let the Dead Speak (Maeve Kerrigan #7) (MP3 CD): $14.99
- #8: Cruel Acts (Maeve Kerrigan #8) (Paperback): $12.99
- #9: The Cutting Place (Maeve Kerrigan #9) (Paperback): $12.99
- #10: The Close (Maeve Kerrigan #10) (Hardcover): $27.99
- Mystery Book Club selection, January 2013, Redbery Books, Cable, Wisconsin— From Get a Clue! Mystery Book Club
"Astute, complex, layered—and very twisted. You'll remember this one for a long time."—Lee Child
The Burning Man. It's the name the media has given a brutal murderer who has beaten four young women to death before setting their bodies ablaze in secluded areas of London's parks. And now there's a fifth.
Maeve Kerrigan is an ambitious detective constable, keen to make her mark on the murder task force. Her male colleagues believe Maeve's empathy makes her weak, but the more she learns about the latest victim, Rebecca Haworth, from her grieving friends and family, the more determined Maeve becomes to bring her murderer to justice. But how do you catch a killer no one has seen when so much of the evidence has gone up in smoke?
Maeve's frenetic hunt for a killer in Jane Casey's gripping series debut will entrance even the most jaded suspense readers.
About the Author
JANE CASEY is the author of the Maeve Kerrigan novels (Let the Dead Speak, After the Fire) and the Jess Tennant Mysteries (Hide and Seek, Bet Your Life). A graduate of Oxford she also has received a M. Phil from Trinity College, Dublin. Born and raised in Dublin, she lives in London where she works as an editor.
“Irish author Casey's impressive series debut, a taut serial-killer thriller, delves deeply into the psyches of three women. . . . Casey expertly combines a perceptive crime drama with an insightful look at the women's overlapping problems.” —Publishers Weekly
“Casey deftly . . . cranks up the tension and pace, blending a page-turning and realistic police procedural with a tense character study reminiscent of Patricia Highsmith's psychological explorations.” —Sunday Independent (Ireland) on The Burning