Wine Folly: Magnum Edition: The Master Guide (Hardcover)
JAMES BEARD AWARD WINNER
The expanded wine guide from the creators of Wine Folly, packed with new information for devotees and newbies alike.
Wine Folly became a sensation for its inventive, easy-to-digest approach to learning about wine. Now in a new, expanded hardcover edition, Wine Folly: Magnum Edition is the perfect guide for anyone looking to take his or her wine knowledge to the next level. Wine Folly: Magnum Edition includes:
• more than 100 grapes and wines color-coded by style so you can easily find new wines you'll love;
• a wine region explorer with detailed maps of the top wine regions, as well as up-and-coming areas such as Greece and Hungary;
• wine labeling and classification 101 for wine countries such as France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Austria;
• an expanded food and wine pairing section;
• a primer on acidity and tannin--so you can taste wine like a pro;
• more essential tips to help you cut through the complexity of the wine world and become an expert.
Wine Folly: Magnum Edition is the must-have book for the millions of fans of Wine Folly and for any budding oenophile who wants to boost his or her wine knowledge in a practical and fun way. It's the ultimate gift for any wine lover.
About the Author
Madeline Puckette is a certified sommelier with the Court of Master Sommeliers and worked in several restaurants as a sommelier or a server before creating Wine Folly. Her design work with Wine Folly has been contracted by Wines of France, Wines of Bordeaux, Wines of Beaujolais, the Court of Master Sommeliers, the Guild of Sommeliers, the Washington State Wine Commission, and Rhône Valley Wines. In 2013, Wine Folly was named Wine Blogger of the Year by International Wine & Spirits Competition. Besides drinking wine, writing, and designing for the blog, Puckette loves working on cars, cycling, running, and open-water swimming. Before becoming a sommelier, Puckette was a music producer and singer.
Justin Hammack is a founding partner of Wine Folly and leads conceptual development, interactive tools, and marketplace branding. He is responsible for maintaining strict creative goals that emphasize frictionless education. Hammack also handles all videography and photography for the blog.