The Cutting Place (Maeve Kerrigan, Book 9) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Maeve Kerrigan series.
- #1: The Burning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #1) (Paperback): $19.99
- #2: The Reckoning: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #2) (Paperback): $21.99
- #3: The Last Girl: A Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #3) (Paperback): $19.99
- #4: The Stranger You Know: A Maeve Kerrigan Crime Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #4) (Paperback): $21.99
- #5: The Kill: A Novel (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #5) (Hardcover): $36.99
- #6: After the Fire: A Maeve Kerrigan Thriller (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #6) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #7: Let the Dead Speak: A Maeve Kerrigan Mystery (Maeve Kerrigan Novels #7) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #8: Cruel Acts (Maeve Kerrigan, Book 8) (Paperback): $12.99
From multi award-winning and Sunday Times bestselling author Jane Casey comes her most exciting Maeve Kerrigan crime thriller yet You've got to be in the club to know the truth.
Everyone's heard the rumours about elite gentlemen's clubs, where the champagne flows freely, the parties are the height of decadence . . . and the secrets are darker than you could possibly imagine.
DS Maeve Kerrigan finds herself in an unfamiliar world of wealth, luxury and ruthless behaviour when she investigates the murder of a young journalist, Paige Hargreaves. Paige was working on a story about the Chiron Club, a private society for the richest and most privileged men in London. Then she disappeared.
It's clear to Maeve that the members have many secrets. But Maeve is hiding secrets of her own - even from her partner DI Josh Derwent. Will she uncover the truth about Paige's death? Or will time run out for Maeve first?
Jane Casey's best book yet - and that's really saying something' Erin Kelly
'A really gripping, timely plot' Elly Griffiths
'Jane Casey is among our very best crime novelists and this is her best book' Liz Nugent
'Her best yet. Heartpounding and SO MOVING ' Marian Keyes
'Complex and gripping'The Times
'Jane Casey is a masterful storyteller' Charlotte Philby
'The best police procedurals I've read' Claire Allan
'A superb crime novel' Sharon Bolton
'Truly the gold standard for police procedurals' Catherine Ryan Howard
'Terrifying, intense and devastatingly astut' Sarah Hilary
'Engrossing crime fiction with heart' Olivia Kiernan
'Tense, dramatic and sharply written' Sin ad Crowley
'A must read' Patricia Gibney
'I ripped through it, unable to stop myself' Sam Baker
'Superb' Will Dean
'I couldn't love Maeve Kerrigan or Josh Derwent more' Cressida McLaughlin
'Pacy plotting' Sunday Times Crime Club
'Chilling and inventive'Woman's Weekly
'A chilling read'Woman
About the Author
Jane Casey has written ten crime novels for adults and three for teenagers. A former editor, she is married to a criminal barrister who ensures her writing is realistic and as accurate as possible.This authenticity has made her novels international bestsellers and critical successes. The Maeve Kerrigan series has been nominated for many awards: in 2015 Jane won the Mary Higgins Clark Award for The Stranger You Know and Irish Crime Novel of the Year for After the Fire. In 2019, Cruel Acts was chosen as Irish Crime Novel of the Year at the Irish Book Awards. It was a Sunday Times bestseller.Born in Dublin, Jane now lives in southwest London with her husband and two children.